Filet Crochet Software Tips
These are a few cool tips that we have collected as we use and improve the software. If you have any that you'd like to share, send them to Janet!
Tip 1: Copy one pattern to another.
Follow these steps:
- Open the pattern from which you want to copy
- From the floating Toolbox, click the select button
- Using the mouse, select the area of the pattern you want to copy
- Click the copy button in the Toolbox
- Open the pattern to which you want to copy into
- Click the paste button in the Toolbox
- Using the mouse, drag the pasted pattern section to where you want
Tip 2: Make name doily patterns.
You can make name doilies using any font on your PC. Follow these steps:
- From the floating Toolbox, click the Create Text button
- The Create Text dialog box will display
- Type your text in the "Enter Text" field. As you enter your text, the text will display in the Preview area.
- Click the Font button to display the Font dialog box. Choose the font you want and the text in the Preview area will change to the new font.
- Once you are happy with the font selection, click OK. The text will appear in your pattern
- Using theft left mouse button, move the text to the location you want on the pattern
- Print your pattern
- Display the instruction page
- Print the instruction page (this instruction page calculates the number of chains to get you started)
Tip 3: Convert any bitmap file (.bmp) file into a Filet Crochet pattern.
To create a pattern from a bitmap (.bmp) simply open the bmp file in Filet Crochet. For best results, first convert your bitmap to a black and white image. If you open your bitmap file in Paint, Select Image->Attributes, and select Black and White. Here are the instructions on how to open a bitmap file in Filet Crochet:
- Select Open under the File menu
- For "List of files of type:" select "Bitmap Files (*.bmp)"
- Select the bmp file and click OK
Tip 4: Convert clip-art to a Filet Crochet pattern.
You can convert you favorite clip-art to a pattern. We've prepared a page all about it. See how>>