Your Home for Filet Crochet Patterns and Software
Home | Crochet Patterns | Crochet Software | Make a Pattern | Support | Designers | Shopping Cart
Free Crochet Patterns | Learn How to Crochet | What's New | Catalog | About Me | Subscribe | Contact Me
Crochet Software Tips
These are a
few cool tips that we have collected as we use and improve the software. If you
have any that you'd like to share,
send them to Janet!
Tip 1: Copy one pattern to
Follow these steps:
Open the pattern from which you want to copy
- From the floating Toolbox, click the select button
- Using the mouse, select the area of the pattern you want to
- Click the copy button in the Toolbox
- Open the pattern to which you want to copy into
- Click the paste button in the Toolbox
Using the mouse, drag the pasted pattern
section to where you want
Tip 2: Make name doily patterns.
You can make name doilies using any font on your PC.
Follow these steps:
- From the floating Toolbox, click the Create Text button
- The Create Text dialog box will display
Type your text in the "Enter Text"
field. As you enter your text, the text will display in the Preview area.
Click the Font button to display the Font dialog
box. Choose the font you want and the text in the Preview area will change to
the new font.
- Once you are happy with the font selection, click OK. The
text will appear in your pattern
- Using theft left mouse button, move the text to the
location you want on the pattern
- Print your pattern
- Display the instruction page
- Print the instruction page (this instruction page
calculates the number of chains to get you started)
Tip 3: Convert any bitmap file
(.bmp) file into a Filet Crochet pattern.
To create a
pattern from a bitmap (.bmp) simply open the bmp file in Filet Crochet. For
best results, first convert your bitmap to a black and white image. If you open
your bitmap file in Paint, Select Image->Attributes, and select Black and
White. Here are the instructions on how to open a bitmap file in Filet Crochet:
- Select Open under the File menu
For "List of files of type:" select "Bitmap
Select the bmp file and click OK
Tip 4: Convert clip-art to a
Filet Crochet pattern.
You can convert you favorite clip-art to a
pattern. We've prepared a page all about it. See how>>